When it’s time to move out of a rented property, one of the essential tasks is the end of tenancy clean. This deep cleaning process ensures the space is left in impeccable condition, meeting the landlord’s expectations and increasing the likelihood of getting your full deposit back. But what exactly does an end of tenancy clean entail? In this guide, we’ll walk you through what to expect during this crucial cleaning process.
1. Thorough Room-by-Room Cleaning: Professional end of tenancy cleaning involves a comprehensive cleaning of every room in the house or apartment. From the living room to the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, and even hallways, every inch of the property is meticulously cleaned. This includes dusting, vacuuming, and wiping down all surfaces, fixtures, and appliances.
2. Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning: Carpets and upholstery can harbour hidden dirt, stains, and odours. End of tenancy cleaning often includes professional carpet and upholstery cleaning. Deep cleaning methods such as steam cleaning are employed to remove deep-seated grime, ensuring the floors and furniture look and smell fresh.
3. Appliance Cleaning: All appliances that came with the property, such as the oven, refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher, are thoroughly cleaned. This includes degreasing the oven, defrosting and cleaning the refrigerator, and wiping down all surfaces. The aim is to leave these appliances in a condition similar to when you moved in.
4. Windows and Doors Cleaning: End of tenancy cleaning typically involves cleaning windows (both inside and out) and doors. This includes removing dirt, dust, and any marks or stains. Clean windows and doors contribute significantly to the property’s overall appearance.
5. Bathroom and Kitchen Sanitization: Bathrooms and kitchens are sanitized to ensure they are not only clean but also hygienic. This includes descaling taps and showerheads, scrubbing tiles and grout, and sanitizing all surfaces. Mould and mildew, if present, are also treated and removed.
6. Waste Disposal: All waste, including trash, old belongings, and leftover items, is removed and properly disposed of. This leaves the property clean and clutter-free.
7. Final Inspection and Guarantee: Once the cleaning is complete, there’s typically a final inspection by the landlord or the property management. A professional end of tenancy cleaning service often guarantees their work. If any issues arise during the landlord’s inspection, the cleaning service will return to address them without additional charges, ensuring your peace of mind.
In summary, an end of tenancy clean is a comprehensive process that leaves your rented property spotless and ready for the next occupants. By understanding what to expect during this process, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free moving experience, allowing you to focus on settling into your new home with confidence.